Below are the nightly prices for different bedroom set-ups in Hale Pohaku, the campus co-ed residences, good from 6/19/19 through 6/30/19. Please notify Dayna at the Chaminade's Residence Life Office if you plan to stay before or after the official 6/21-6/24 conference period (see Housing rules below for more info).
1 Suite in Hale Pohaku: 2 bedrooms, each containing 2 twin beds, 2 desks, + 1 closet per bedroom
Every suiteʻs 4 residents share: 1 bathroom + a common sitting area + another closet
Double Occupancy (Cleaning fees included)
$72/person for each night to share 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds (in the absence of specifying a roommate, a same-sex roommate may be assigned). [Bedroom shares a bathroom with another bedroom.]
$144/bedroom for 2 roommates whose names should be supplied by the person making the reservation, in the case that family members wish to room in the same bedroom together (2 twin beds). [Bedroom shares a bathroom with another bedroom.]
$288 for the whole suite of 4 people (2 bedrooms, 2 twin beds per room), in the event that family members or colleagues wish to room together & share a bathroom. Provide names of the 4 residents when making the reservations.
Single Occupancy (Cleaning fees included)
$97/person for each night alone in 1 bedroom.
[Bedroom shares a bathroom with another bedroom (in the absence of specifying residents to share that other bedroom, same-sex residents may be assigned to it).]
Additional Room Fees & Taxes
Linen fee: $40 per bed for the whole stay
Note: A deposit of $500 will be required for Group Reservations.
Lost key fee: $350/key
Housing rules covering Hale Pohaku suites & facilities include the following, in addition to other conditions displayed in that reservations site & the instructions that Chaminade Residence Life Office sends to attendees who make reservations:
* Once they reserve rooms, conference attendees will receive information on deadlines & penalties for room cancellation or changes from Residence Life. Generally, to cancel their reservations so as to receive a refund, attendees need to notify Residence Life staff at least 7 days prior to the reservation check-in date to alter their housing reservations. Conference attendees, not the Science Fiction Research Association, will be responsible for communicating any changes in dorm reservations to the Residence Life staff in a timely way & for paying residence-reservation-related fees or deposits.
* Attendees will note on their online reservation form when they will be coming in & when they will leave Hale Pohaku (including flight info such as departure/arrival times & airport locations), so that a Residence Life staff can check them in & out, distribute/collect the room keys, & exchange other info or documents (payment card, license # for parking, etc.). Generally, check-in starts around noon & check-out should be by noon, but confirm with Residence life for your particular logistics. Check-outs past noon will incur a fee of $90 (except on Mon. 6/24, the last day of the conference). Bring your ID & a credit card when checking in.
* Wi-fi & parking will be provided at no additional cost. After making reservations, attendees will receive info from the Residence Life Office on how to receive the wi-fi access code as well as arrange to get a campus parking pass for their cars.
* Please note when making the reservations whether you want to dorm with specific people in your 2-person bedroom or within your 4-person suite, providing those people's names. If you specify marital or familial relationships, Residence Life will put you, your spouse, &/or your relatives together in a bedroom. Otherwise, office staff will assign same-sex suite mates &/or same-sex bedroom co-residents.
* Those rates cover the period from Wed. 6/19/2019 through Sun. 6/30/19. However, please directly contact Dayna (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Chaminade Residential Life office [(808) 735-4648], if you plan to arrive before the conference start date of 6/21 and/or if you plan to stay up to 5 days beyond the last conference day of Mon. 6/24/19 (extended reservations outside of 6/21-6/24 are based on room availability).
* Respect the kitchen facilities' usage hours posted outside of that room. The secure kitchen contains a pair of refrigerators, an oven range, a coffee maker, & a microwave oven, as well as a sink. The kitchen is shared by all Hale Pohaku residents, so you will have to provide your own kitchen implements (see Travel and Accommodations on nearby Kaimukī Shopping Center's grocery & drug stores where you can buy prepared or raw food & also cooking tools).
* In the Hale Pohaku building, a covered deck with campus & city views & vending machines also offer dining options & socializing areas.
* No smoking, vaping, or pets in the suites.
Reservations can be made here on the Chaminade Residence Life Office site.
See Travel and Accommodations for directions to the campus, a Chaminade map, as well as information on nearby dining, grocery, & wine shop options on Waiʻalae Avenue & in Kaimukī.
Additionally, the "Courtyard by Marriott" Courtyard Waikīkī Beach hotel will offer a Chaminade University discount for up to 10 rooms. Reservations cover the period from Wed. June 19 through Wed. June 26, 2019, and should be made through this link here (link to be posted shortly). Rooms will be $159/night plus taxes and valet parking @ $25/night (usually Waikīkī is $45/night).
Science Fiction Research Association is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization